Sharing Knowledge and Expertise
The staff of the School of Education represent a substantial pool of expertise across many areas of education. We seek to share this as widely as possible by working with external groups on a broad range of activities. We can offer services in:
- applied research
- specially-designed courses, in the UK and worldwide.
For further information or to find out how you or your organisation could benefit from our range of expertise, please contact Dr Martin Wedell, Head of International Education.
Recent examples of our work
- Riau Educational Audit
- Aceh Tsunami Survey
- Yorkshire and Humberside Regional Quality Standards for Inclusion
- Pupil Enrichment Materials Writing Project
- Iraqi English Language Teaching Development
- Developing Practice in Teaching English to Young Learners (TEYL) - Slovenia
- CPD course for the Teaching of Citizenship
- Tianjin Higher Education Management Summer School
- Indonesian Islamic School Headmasters Programme in Educational Leadership and Management
Contributing to degree programmes elsewhere
MA TESOL, King Saud University
The TESOL group from the School of Education are contributing to the teaching on the MA TESOL programme at King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Each year students from the King Saud programme visit Leeds to study three MA modules and to work on their graduation projects.
The modules that are studied at Leeds are :
- Materials design and development for TEFL
- Teaching English to Young learners
- Teacher Education for TEFL
The Graduation project
Leeds TESOL staff provide a number of sessions for all students early on in the summer school outlining how Graduation projects of different kinds might be conceived and structured, and then provide one to one supervisions for each student.